ASTra is an educational advocacy program that embodies the mission and vision of Hands & Voices. ASTra stands for the Advocacy Support and Training Program. We provide support to families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing (d/hh) without bias around communication mode, method, or educational setting so that every child has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. We foster collaboration and build partnerships with school districts and other professionals who serve deaf or hard of hearing students.
Do you have questions like this?
- What laws support my child's education?
- I don't understand what my child might be eligible for.
- What is a Communication Plan? Safety Plan? Health Plans?
- I need to learn the difference between an IEP and a 504 Plan.
- What rights do I have as a parent?
Help is Here! Ask for an ASTra advocate by completing an advocacy request form below.
Join the wait list for Level 1 Educational Advocacy training class by registering here.